Appliance world seemed to have trouble initially pulling in traffic from the search engines, and then actually converting them once they're on the website due to such a high bounce rate. So our main priorities were to firstly improve the SEO of the site to reel in more relevant traffic, and then to optimise the navigation, or the User Experience of the website to actually make use of the traffic coming to the website.
What We Did
There were a huge selection of kitchen products on the site and the different categories, model types, price range, etc. that they could be sorted into, so fortunately, there was a lot of leeway, and potential with what we can use from within the website. Also, the site seemed to be lacking in some major elements needed to guide Google to the right places, and tell Google which pages are more important than the others, we focused on correcting this also. This helped drive organic traffic up quite nicely over the course of a few months. During that time, we installed some granular user tracking software so we can see exactly how users behave and respond on the Appliance World site, and over the course of a few months, and especially as traffic levels increased, we were able to collect enough data to make decisions on what to change, what to implement, etc. We did this by split testing and studying the difference with how the users responded. a few changes later, we got enough features and tweaks in there to make things just right in getting a really decent conversion rate and a much lower bounce rate.